We advocate drinking mezcal neat in order to truly experience the magnificent array of flavours derived from the agave and the artisanal production process. The following steps will allow you to get the best experience:
- Bring the glass to your nose and inhale gently before exhaling through your mouth.
- Swirl the glass gently and repeat step 1, inhaling a bit deeper.
- Place a few drops of mezcal into the palm of your hand. Rub them together and let the alcohol dissipate. Cup your palms, bring them to your nose and breathe in the aromas.
- Take your first sip and gently rinse your mouth with it for a moment, before exhaling through your nose. Swallow and then breathe out through your mouth. This will prepare your palate.
- Inhale and take your next sip. Your palate is now ready to start appreciating the essence of the mezcal. Over time, much like a fine wine, the mezcal will open up and invite you to explore the finer, more nuanced layers of flavour.